Pregnancy, birth, and welcoming a baby are life-changing experiences. This seven-week series covers preparation for 3rd trimester pregnancy, birth, postpartum, newborn care, and breastfeeding.
HypnoBirthing® offers a remarkably simple, relaxed approach to this most important transition as you step into your role as parents and become a family.
We will use the Marie Mongan Method. This method of HypnoBirthing® childbirth preparation teaches that in the absence of fear and tension, severe pain does not have to accompany labor. Many people are not aware that all hypnosis is self-hypnosis. Hypnosis has been recognized by the medical profession as a successful method of pain relief for many years.
As a seven-week series, it includes 5 weeks on HypnoBirthing® curriculum, plus 2 weeks on Breastfeeding and Newborn Care. These are the most comprehensive HypnoBirthing classes, and the best value, in the region.
Register online >> or call (206)789-0883.
Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this class you will learn how to achieve a truly calm, comfortable state of relaxation. Through guided imagery, you can visualize and plan for your birth. Statistics show that mothers using this method have shorter labors, use fewer medications, have fewer interventions, babies have higher apgar scores, and moms are less likely to experience postpartum depression. We will also help you apply information in this class to breastfeeding and postpartum care of your newborns.
The series includes the following information:
- Preparing the body and mind for labor and birth using the Mongan HypnoBirthing® method and its philosophy, hypnosis deepening, and visualization
- Prenatal bonding and pregnancy awareness
- How the uterus works, and the stages of labor
- How fear affects labor, and how to release fear
- Preparing your birth plan and understanding hospital procedures
- Postpartum self-care and adjustments
- Breastfeeding: basics of successful breastfeeding, proper latch, good nutrition, and comfortable positioning, and more.
- Newborn care: Recognizing infant communication cues, safe sleep, calming techniques, and bathing, etc.
- Reunion after the babies are born
- HypnoBirthing® Rainbow Relaxation audio CD
- Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Newborn book by Simkin, et al.
- Optional: Mongan Method HypnoBirthing® book with audio CD ($16) (required text for class, but optional to purchase with program or separately).
This class meets weekly for seven 2.5 hour sessions. Plan to start your class three months before your due date if possible. This course is offered multiple times throughout the year.
With this method of preparation, in addition to the course book you will be given CD’s which you will use at home until the time of your birth and after. Dedication to preparing and practicing is an important ingredient for these wonderfully successful outcomes.
This series is typically held at Northwest Hospital. Check registration listings for dates and actual locations.
$295 for the expectant mother and one support person, plus an optional $16 materials fee for the Mongan Method HypnoBirthing® Book for those who do not already have it. The standard registration fee includes the full 7-week series (5 weeks of HypnoBirthing, and one week each for Breastfeeding and Newborn Care), an audio HypnoBirthing® CD, and the text, Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn. Sliding scale scholarships available to those in need of assistance.
Dates are subject to change until registration is open. Please consult registration link, above, for dates open to registration.
Wednesdays, 1/4/17 – 2/15/17, 6:45-9:15pm, Northwest Hospital, Seattle
Sundays, 2/26/17 – 4/5/17, 6-8:30pm, Northwest Hospital, Seattle
Wednesdays, 4/12/17 – 5/24/17, 6:45-9:15pm, Northwest Hospital
Sundays, 6/4/17 – 7/23/17 (skip 7/2), 6:30-9pm, Northwest Hospital
Wednesdays, 8/16/17 – 9/27/17, 6:45-9:15pm, Northwest Hospital
Sundays, 10/1/17 – 11/12/17, 6-8:30pm, Northwest Hospital
Wednesdays, 11/29/17 – 1/17/18 (skip 12/27), 6:45-9:15pm, Northwest Hospital
Barb Decker >> has been a childbirth educator for more than 40 years, and became a HypnoBirthing® practitioner in 2002.
Lissett Muhr >> has been teaching HypnoBirthing® since 2007.
Barb was outstanding. She helped us get comfortable and confident with preparing for our birth, to the point that we are now very excited about it”