Home > Our Programs > Professional Training > Great Starts Educator Trainings > Great Starts Workshop > Childbirth Educator Certification
Childbirth Educator CertificationMany hospitals and childbirth education organizations require that their educators complete a certification process before beginning to teach.
After our training, you have the option of certifying with Great Starts or with ICEA (International Childbirth Education Association).
The certification process involves:
- Observing 2 or more births
- Observing another instructor teaching childbirth education classes
- Student teaching a class series while being observed and evaluated by another instructor
- Taking a certification exam
- Paying a fee (Great Starts fee is $150).
Information about ICEA certification >> (you are leaving the Parent Trust site)