Caution: Children need to be old enough to know that they can’t run holding these puppets.
- Stack of 4×6 unlined index cards
- Craft/Popsicle sticks
- Scotch tape or glue sticks
- Markers, crayons, pencils
- Take an index card and fold it in half horizontally.
- Using tape or glue stick, seal three sides€”leaving one of the short ends open.
- Take a craft stick and stick it a few inches inside that open side.
- Secure the stick with glue or tape.
- Once the children get started it’s hard to stop€”so make sure you have a big supply of pre-made puppets on hand!
Making The Puppets:
You can draw traditional people-puppets or you can draw abstract art on the “puppet”.
Remember that the stick puppets have a front and back so your children can decorate both sides.