What is the Families in Recovery Program? expandclose
Focus of the Program: expandclose
Why the Families in Recovery Program? expandclose
Who does the Families in Recovery Program serve? expandclose
Closing date: Resumes due by Monday, December 30th
Do not contact by phone or in-person.
A resume and cover letter is a must.
Areas of Responsibility
- Complete the Facilitator screening and training process with the Parent Trust State Office.
- Faithful attendance that includes being at the group site at least 15 minutes before group starts to welcome parents.
- Train parents on the mutual-help model to create a safe, brainstorming environment for parents to celebrate, problem-solve, vent and become an extended family for each other.
- Train Parent Leaders to actually lead the group.
- Act as a consultant, referee, coach and/or secretary as needed for the group.
- Provide weekly group supplies in accordance with any guidelines established by the treatment center and group.
- Weekly minimum 20 minute debriefing with appointed contact person at the host treatment center for information exchange and to celebrate group successes
- Regular contact with the Parent Trust State Office Families in Recovery Program Coordinator for ongoing training, consultation, celebration, problem solving and statistical reporting.
- Arrange in advance for back-up facilitator in the event of absence.
- Commitment to a positive “goodbye process” when you leave the group.
- Must have previous group facilitation experience.
- Knowledge of community resources and child development.
- Ability to work as a team member within a treatment center.
- Strong commitment to family empowerment and to ending all forms of family violence.
- College degree + 3 years work experience, or 7 years work experience.
- Minimum 1 year commitment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a WA State Patrol Criminal Background Check.
- 3 hours a week. Friday in Everett (10:00-11:30 pm + flexible)
- Must have own transportation.
- No medical/dental insurance.
- Pay rate: $16.75 an hour
Send resume and cover letter to Sarah Mace
Parent Trust for Washington Children
2200 Rainier Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98144
ATT: Sarah Mace/FIR Resume
Families in Recovery is a program of Parent Trust for Washington Children.