What types of information does Parent Trust for Washington Children (PTWC) collect and use about me and how does PTWC use the information?
We may collect and use information about you to communicate with you about our products, services, promotions, programs and events, and to customize our communications in those areas. We also collect information to improve your website experience, keep our resource database up to date, enable you to purchase products through our website, help you volunteer with our agency, and enable you to make donations to PTWC and become program and event sponsors.
We may collect information from you in the following ways:
- Register for Our Newsletter. When you ask us to send you our newsletter, you provide us with your email address and/or postal address so we can fulfill your request.
- Request a Family Help Line contact. When you ask us to email or call you for a Family Help Line call, you provide us with your email address and/or phone number so we can fulfill your request.
- Purchases. When you order or purchase a PTWC product or register for a for-fee service, you may choose to give us contact and payment information (such as credit card information) so we may process your request. When you pay for a PTWC product or service using a credit card, we use your credit card information only to fulfill your order.
- Contact Us Link. If you contact us via our website, we may ask you for information such as your name, address and email address so we can respond to your questions or comments.
- Enrollment. When you enroll online for one of our classes, trainings or workshops, you may give us your name, address, email address, phone number, and other financial and identifying information which enable us to communicate with you about class logistics. For some classes, we will also ask for demographic information; it is your choice whether to give that information, which we use to plan our services to best serve our clientele, and also to provide anonymous information to funders about the populations that we serve. For some classes, we ask for baby’s due date, as this helps us address scheduling issues if a class needs to be re-scheduled. For some classes, we also ask for the name of your prenatal care provider, and where you plan to give birth, as this enables us to customize the information in our classes to what our students will experience. If you are taking the full Great Starts series (4 week, 7 week, or 8 week series); we give a copy of the class roster to all students enrolled in the series in order to help them make connections and stay in touch with the other parents in the class. We will pass around a copy of this roster in an early session so you will be able to mark whether there is any information that you do not want shared with the class. We make those changes before giving copies of the roster to students.
- Donations. You also may give us contact information and credit card or checking information so we can process your donation. We use this information for that purpose and to customize our communication with you.
- Sponsorships. When you apply to become a program or event sponsor, you give us your name, email address, phone number and other identifying information.
- Resource Database Agency Listing. When you decide to list your organization with our database, you will give us detailed information about your organization, including but not limited to email addresses, street addresses, phone numbers, employee names.
Does PTWC share the information it obtains about me with third parties?
PTWC does not share personal information about you with any third parties for their own marketing purposes.
How does PTWC use credit card information?
Parent Trust for Washington Children does not collect credit card information on our site–we link you to a site that collects and processes payment information on our behalf. Donations, ticket purchases and other credit card purchases are done by Paypal. If you have questions about how Paypal protects your information when you make a purchase, please review Paypal’s privacy statement at: Paypal Privacy Information >>
How does PTWC update its Privacy Notice?
PTWC’s products, services, promotions and programs will change over time. This Privacy Notice will be updated periodically to reflect those changes and corresponding changes in our information practices. Whenever we revise this Privacy Notice, we will change the date on the notice to indicate when the revisions were made. We reserve the right to change our information practices and the terms of this Privacy Notice, and to apply the changed practices to all information we have about you.
Does the PTWC website contain links to other websites?
The PTWC website may contain links to other websites that operate independently of PTWC and are not under our control. We provide links to those sites solely for your convenience and information. Those sites have their own privacy notices, which we suggest you review if you visit any linked sites. Parent Trust for Washington Children is not responsible for information that is provided by those sites or for any other use of the sites.
How can I update my contact information?
You may send an email to email@example.com to request an update.
Will I receive email from PTWC?
We will send you email only if you have provided us with your email address. You may opt out of future emails by responding to our email with the statement “remove from email list”.