What types of information does Parent Trust for Washington Children (PTWC) collect and use about me and how does PTWC use the information?
We may collect and use information about you and your family to communicate with you about our products, services, promotions, programs, and events, and to customize our communications in those areas. We also collect information to improve your website experience, keep our resource database up to date, enable you to purchase products through our website, help you volunteer with our agency, and enable you to make donations to PTWC and become program and event sponsors.
We may collect information from you in the following ways:
Register for Our Newsletter. When you ask us to send you our newsletter, you provide us with your email address and/or postal address so we can fulfill your request.
Request a Family Help Line contact. When you ask us to email, text or call you for a Family Help Line contact, you provide us with your email address and/or phone number so we can fulfill your request.
SMS Terms & Conditions
- We offer recurring text message services. By opting-in to any such service, you are confirming your entry into a recurring texting program and you give your consent to Parent Trust to use an automatic system to deliver text messages to the phone number to which you have directed it to transmit text messages. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply from your mobile carrier. Participation in the service is subject to the terms and conditions of your mobile carrier.
- By providing your consent to participate in our texting service, you approve any such charges from your mobile carrier. Charges for text messages may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid balance.
- We reserve the right to terminate the SMS service, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. The information in any message may be subject to certain time lags and/or delays. If you have any questions or need help, text HELP into the text thread.
- To stop receiving automated text messages, text STOP or QUIT. By enrolling in the texting service, you consent that after having submitted a request to opt-out you will receive one (1) final message confirming that you have been removed from the system. Following the opt-out confirmation message, no additional text messages will be sent unless you rejoin the system.
- By choosing to text, (either verbally, in writing or by initiating a text conversation), \with individual Parent Trust programs and/or staff you are giving us permission to send you text messages, and you may opt out at any time. The same provisions as stated above apply.
Purchases. When you order or purchase a PTWC product or register for a for-fee service, you may choose to give us contact and payment information (such as credit card information) so we may process your request. When you pay for a PTWC product or service using a credit card, we use your credit card information only to fulfill your order.
Contact Us Link. If you contact us via our website, we may ask you for information such as your name, address and email address so we can respond to your questions or comments.
Enrollment. When you enroll for one of our classes, screenings, trainings, programs, or workshops, you may give us your name, address, email address, phone number, and other financial and identifying information which enable us to communicate with you. In some instances, we will also ask for demographic information; it is your choice whether to give that information, which we use to plan our services to best serve our clientele, and also to provide anonymous information to funders about the populations that we serve. Sometimes we ask for a baby’s due and/or birth date as this helps us address scheduling issues for classes and screenings. For some classes, we also ask for the name of your prenatal care provider, and where you plan to give birth, as this enables us to customize the information in our classes to what our students will experience. If you are taking a Great Starts series (3 week, 4 week, 6 week, 7 week, or 8 week ); we give a copy of the class roster to all students enrolled in the series in order to help them make connections and stay in touch with the other parents in the class. We will share a copy of this roster in an early session so you will be able to mark whether there is any information that you do not want shared with the class. We make those changes before giving copies of the roster to other students. We also store your email address in our marketing database, to keep you informed about our programs. You may opt-out of these emails at any time.
Donations. You also may give us contact information and credit card or checking information so we can process your donation. We use this information for that purpose and to customize our communication with you.
Sponsorships. When you apply to become a program or event sponsor, you give us your name, email address, phone number and other identifying information.
Resource Database Agency Listing. When you decide to list your organization with our database, you will give us detailed information about your organization, including but not limited to email addresses, street addresses, phone numbers, employee names.
Does PTWC share the information it obtains about me with third parties?
PTWC does share limited information with the services we use to schedule classes, screenings, and automated text messaging, for your convenience. But we do not share personal information about you with any third parties for their own marketing.
How does PTWC use credit card information?
How does PTWC update its Privacy Notice?
PTWC’s products, services, promotions and programs will change over time. This Privacy Notice will be updated periodically to reflect those changes and corresponding changes in our information practices. Whenever we revise this Privacy Notice, we will change the date on the notice to indicate when the revisions were made. We reserve the right to change our information practices and the terms of this Privacy Notice, and to apply the changed practices to all information we have about you.
Does the PTWC website contain links to other websites?
The PTWC website may contain links to other websites that operate independently of PTWC and are not under our control. We provide links to those sites solely for your convenience and information. Those sites have their own privacy notices, which we suggest you review if you visit any linked sites. Parent Trust for Washington Children is not responsible for information that is provided by those sites or for any other use of the sites.
How can I update my contact information?
You may send an email to email@example.com to request an update.
Emails from PTWC
You may opt out of email correspondence with us by responding to any email from us with the statement “remove from email list”.