Parent Trust is seeking individuals to join our statewide Board of Directors. Board members help to insure fiscal responsibility, raise funds, and serve as an ambassador to the community. read more
Board members provide the fiduciary leadership and governance of Parent Trust. Members ensure and support the financial viability of the agency, help raise funds, serve on 1 of 4 committees, and help connect us to the larger community through their personal and business spheres of influence.
Our lively, active Board meets monthly at our Center for Strong Families in Seattle. We are looking for individuals with a desire to equip parents and caregivers with the knowledge, tools and confidence to raise their children to be safe, health, strong, and prepared for school and life.
Board Member Volunteer Requirements:
- Have a strong passion and commitment to improving the lives for children and families
- Governance: Participate actively in monthly Board meetings focused primarily on future development (including fundraising) to fulfill the agency’s mission
- Action: Participate actively once a month with at least one of three committees focused on: Finance, Fundraising, Governance
- Development: Actively support and participate in two annual fundraising events: a fall Luncheon and a: spring Wine Tasting
- Make a personally significant financial donation annually
- Leadership: Help open doors and make introductions within your personal spheres of influence (e.g., personal, family, business) to raise public awareness and grow our fundraising base
click here to close
Special Event Volunteer
Parent Trust conducts two fundraiser each year: a May wine tasting called A Taste of Spring and a Fall Luncheon called KIDS Matter Benefit Luncheon more information >>
General Office: Data entry, filing, sorting, organizing materials, stuffing packets or mailers, occasional special projects, etc.
Linda McDaniels, Interim Executive Director
Children’s Room Support (clean and disinfect toys and play surfaces, carpet vacuumed, etc.) This can be a one time or ongoing commitment. For more information contact:
Marni Port, Child & Teen Services
206-233-0156 ext. 225