The Great Starts Professional Childbirth Educator Workshop is usually offered in Seattle two times each year.
Workshops are scheduled every 6-12 months. Special requests for additional dates may be considered for groups with a guaranteed minimum number of 7 full-pay participants, or the equivalent. Service is our number one priority. We find that groups of 6-12 are the optimal size for training purposes for both maintaining a high level of individual attention and feedback, as well as for better group-processes and learning dynamics. However, we will run the workshop with as few as four registrations at our local site. Parent Trust reserves the right to cancel workshops if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. Questions? Contact Sally Brady, Great Starts Program Manager: email@example.com.
Parent Trust for Washington Children
Center for Strong Families
2200 Rainier Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98144
Registration details will be posted when training is scheduled. Please check back!
- 25 RN contact hours. Parent Trust for WA Children is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16764, for 25 contact hours for the Great Starts™ Professional Childbirth Education Workshop.
- 24 CEU’s (for Great Starts and ICEA certification)
- Great Starts Study Guide
- Choice of newest edition of Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn (English only), or the Simple Guide to Having a Baby (English or Spanish version)
- $100 discount on Great Starts certification fees.
Cost and Other Details
$585.00 per participant, due at the time of registration.
Early Bird Registration:
Early-birds save $45 if registration is received 4 weeks or more in advance of training start date.
Partial scholarships may be available to select individuals with financial need and who are working directly with under-served communities or populations with special needs (for example: deaf or blind communities, immigrant or ESL populations, and other populations with special language, learning or cultural needs). More Information
Requests for scholarships must be received 30 days or earlier from the start date and must include:
- Full name
- Contact information (including address, phone, and email)
- Which under-served population/community you will be serving
- How you are qualified to work with this under-served population
- Why a scholarship is needed
- How much you can afford to pay
- Would installed payments would help you to pay the full price
- Any other details that would be relevant and helpful to understanding your circumstances and the specialty population you serve.
NOTE: scholarships funds are very limited and not guaranteed. As a non-profit dedicated to service, we do what we can to keep our fees affordable and our services accessible while maintaining a high quality professional training program. Only request a scholarship if you truly need it in order to obtain the training and skills, and if you have the ability to serve a greater community of need. Click here to close
Individual registration cancellations: The registration fee is refundable one month or more from start date, minus a $30 processing fee. Registration is non-refundable within 28 days from workshop start date but may be transferable to a future event with a $30 transfer fee if request is received 10 or more business days before original workshop start date ($50 transfer fee if request is received fewer than 10 business days from, or after, the start date).
Fees cannot be refunded for missed portions of the workshop. If you end up sick or with an urgent situation that prevents you from attending a portion of the workshop, you may be able to do a make-up session in a future event (certificate of completion cannot be issued until a person has finished all portions of the workshop and full payment of registration fees are paid).
Refunds due to Parent Trust cancellation: If Parent Trust deems it necessary to cancel a workshop for any reason, participants will be given the option to transfer to the next session (no additional fee), apply payments to certification fees and be refunded any remaining difference, or receive 100% refund. Refunds will be processed within 5-10 business days.
Note to doulas, midwives, and other “on-call” service providers: To get the most out of the workshop, it is recommended to schedule back-up coverage so not to be “on-call” for the dates of the workshop and includes required assignments. Focus and attention will be essential for the entire duration of the workshop dates.