This is an activity to do with your child; remember; the point is to have fun, not to make the project look perfect.
- Paper plate (one per child) or white construction paper
- Markers, crayons, colored pencils, etc.
Preparation: Create the “My Favorites” disc.
To create your own disc, you can use either paper plates (one per child) or trace and cut out a circle shape from an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of white construction paper. If you are making your own circle, make the circle as big as you can, filling as much of the paper as possible.
- In the very center of the circle or plate, draw another circle, about 3″ in diameter. Write your child’s name here.
- From that center circle, draw 7 or 8 lines to the edge of the bigger circle (or plate), forming 7 or 8 “pie slices”.
- On the outer edge of each “slice”, write the name of the “favorite”. For example:
Ice cream Flavor
Older children can fill in each section, writing not just the words describing their favorite, but also decorating the disc, perhaps drawing a picture of their favorite item in each category. They can add categories to the back of the circle/plate too.
With younger children, you can ask them to tell you their favorites, and write it down in the appropriate “slice”. Then, just let them decorate the plate however they want.
When finished, you can punch a hole at the top of each one, thread a string through it, and hang it up. You can make one too€”that would be a great way of helping your child learn about you!