How well do you know your family?
Living as a family means nurturing, teaching, talking and listening. It means doing things together and doing things apart. No matter how much time we spend with another person, it can be surprising how many things we still don’t know about them!
Using the following simple questions, take turns guessing each other’s answers. And remember–there is no right or wrong here! The things you learn about each other may surprise you!
- What is your favorite color?
- Who is your best friend?
- What embarrasses you the most?
- Would you prefer a strawberry milkshake, pizza, or chocolate candy bar?
- What is/was your favorite subject at school? Your least favorite?
- What is your favorite kind of music? Or favorite song?
- What is your favorite book?
- Would you rather–play basketball, run relays, or do exercises?
- What is the hardest part of your day?
- What is your biggest fear?
- If you could be an animal, what animal would you be?
As your children grow older, their answers may change. Yours may too!
Getting to know your family is an ongoing process. You may want to try this again at birthdays or other family events. You can even make up some new questions!