This series is appropriate for first time parents, planning to birth in hospitals, birth centers, or at home. Classes are taught online or in-person.
This comprehensive series, created by renowned childbirth educator, Penny Simkin, combines the latest information from Labor & Birth, Newborn Care, and Breastfeeding.
This series is now led by Katie Rohs, CD(DONA), LCCE with Amanda Hilton, LCCE, CD (PALS), BADT, C-FSD, CBE.
Recommended for due dates between three and six weeks after the last day of class. This series fills quickly – please register early!
This series covers all aspects of labor and birth, breastfeeding, and newborn care. Our instructors use the curriculum created and refined by Penny Simkin, and the course includes handouts and videos exclusive to Penny and her team.
Typical Class Topics Include:
- The stages of labor, including exploration of effective methods for labor support and comfort techniques for coping with labor pain, with time for hands-on practice.
- Discussion of current hospital procedures, or learning what to expect at a birth center or home birth.
- Examination of pain medication options.
- information about how to advocate for your own needs within the medical setting.
- Breastfeeding and Newborn Care.
This 8-week series usually meets on weeknights for 2 1/2 hours, with a break.
The class is held in-person and online.
Please see our registration page for price information.